Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Compare Su-30MKI and F-16C and F/A-18E/F
Saturday, August 12, 2006 (2:51 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed...Previous   1 | 2 | 3 | 4   Next...

Posted by
JCSVT (3)
Edit
RE: Compare Su-30MKI and F-16C and F/A-18E/F
Posted: September 12, 2006 (7:35 PM)
Wow you compare an unofficial display to a demo flown by a professional test pilot to impress any country who would like to buy one. The quality of the video is caused by Google Video's software.

The F-22 is far from clumsy and the official demo in 2008 will show that. With yaw rates in excess of 30deg/s and pitch rates in excess of 50deg/s in a normal combat load with full fuel, the Raptor can turn and burn with the best of them. I never said that the Raptor dominates WVR combat. It will however combat any Flanker effectively in close range.

For target acquistion the Raptor uses its LPI capability, plain and simple. With a beam that switches frequencies at 1,000 times per second, no American fighter has been able to pick up the APG-77 while it's operating in this mode. I wouldn't expect the Flankers to be any different.

And what is the whole spiel about Fox News and the country's debt? That has nothing to do with this conversation. I don't even support this administration just like many other Americans I know. This information is not off of Fox News. It is mostly from an F-22 squadron commander. If you would like to prove how the Raptor's airframe was not made for manueverability, please tell me. There is a reason why it costs so much money. Stealth, supercruise, and agility were all on the list in this program.

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: September 13, 2006 (9:31 PM)
I don't recall ever using or mentioning "google video."

The Flanker airframe is built for manuverability, with no concessions for anything else.

That is evident in its RCS, which is akin to a barn door, its cruise speed which is not much greater than its cornering, as well as its ceiling and top speed, which, although ok are not astounding

As far as airframe, look at the Inducted and Parasitic drag formulas, then apply them to your research. They are applicable no matter what.

And your response about my "rant" somehow counters what I said reguarding propagenda.

Wrong, if a Su-37/30MKI pilot were saying the same about his/her sled, I would question that as well.

But, at the airshow in question "1996 Farnborough" M Simonov challenged any US aircraft to a mock dogfight ". any time, any place!" pg 118 Modern Fighter Aircraft, Francis Crosby. Imperial War Museum, Duxford, UK.

Of course a mock dogfight would be equal numbers, both sides using skilled pilots, and No outside assistance

You have to sell it to the politicians/leaders, whom then sell it to the voters/whomever holds some sway. Thats where the debt angle comes in. Which does relate, if looked upon as a whole.

The 1st law learned in a IPS or Physics class should be (according to my instructor) "No Free Lunch" for something gained, another is sacraficed. That is why doubts enter.

My info is gathered by reading independent sources, AFM and Combat Aircraft are my favorities. Two of my favorites are Bill Gunston and Jon Lake.

Both are noted, independent, writers. Without any known prejudice, loyality, or obligation. Can you say the same for your sources?

"Look out for a offical demo due out in 2008." I cannot wait.
But, its not the 1st time I've heard that. Subtract the year though.
I have been both impressed and dissapointed, by such.

As far as the type radar, still emitting energy. with a broad enough scan range something will "see" it, although it will be a difficult task. Furthermore; A passive detection system does not need to dissimalate frequencies, it simply "feels."

As far as what they said in the video, go argue with them.
It was a Contractor/USAF production shown on the Military Channel.
The only reason I quote that, is their reflection of positve attributes and limitations, both.

Good Day.

Foxhound.

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: September 14, 2006 (9:29 PM)
For reasons of clarification I add this.

The Passive detection system could only tell you something was out there and give a very rough location in the case of the Raptor, and, only if it's a "High-End" unit, which the Russians have.

A2A such as the AiM-120M and its Russian counterpart, can track and home in on radar emissions, if the targeted radar is deactivated, the missle activates a search pattern.

However; the Raptor's oscillating frequency and stealth design, make it a difficult target, esp in BVR engagements.

In a nutshell, an opponent flying a Flanker or Fulcrum, would know something was out there, and a broad local in which to search. If she/he so chooses.

Myself, I would call for back-up, and/or a Foxhound which has a better radar system for the given situation.

Thats all for now.

Foxhound: Good Day.

Posted by
MiG35mki (9)
Edit
Posted: September 28, 2006 (2:41 AM)
@JuniorKilat,

look at the thread topic, it is meant to compare f-1x to su-30s, why do u keep on saying, wait for the f-22, it shows that u admit that f-16/f-18 have nothing to be discussed in front of a flanker?

we could have compared data, arms etc on the 3 fighters, but no u have to go off topic and just say f-22, how abt PAK-FA ;)

anyway please stay on topic. if you have nothing to contribute, just observe, to give comments is nt mandatory here.

Posted by
JuniorKilat (26)
Edit
Posted: October 3, 2006 (00:58 AM)
@Mig35mki

This is an open forum right? Don't have I the right to post some comments in here? I believe everybody have the right to do so. I did not say that the F-16/F-18 have nothing to do with this thread. Of course they were, because they are the main subject to this topic and I knew that. I am not as dull as what you are thinking as of now.

I had just expressed what i felt. The sukhoy's Su-30MKI is a later type of a russian jet fighter and it is not fair to compare its capability to the older F-16 & F-18. I also did not mean that you cannot compare them. What i wanted to express here is that "why not compare the russia's latest to the USA's latest?" that's all!

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: October 9, 2006 (7:09 PM)
From 1972 to 1977 comparing the ultimate fighter, F-15 won. after 1977 till 1997 Su-27 won (much more time). Since 1997 is F-22.
Its big desadvantage is price. It will not be sell to many countries, and in Europe was born Typhoon. So, for F-22 there will not be a market. After 2007 we will see if F-22 remain the king.

I took the born year, not enter in service. For example still it is confuse in case of Su-27 the year of enter in service.

But if you want to talk about F-22, you should start a new thread, or talk on thread about F-22, already started.

Posted by
PDESR3 (2)
Edit
Posted: October 10, 2006 (5:25 PM)
JuniorKilat makes an excellent point on the comparison of different era aircraft. I could compare the early 1980's dogfight outcomes of Israel and Syria, where Syrian Mig's lost around 80 planes to the American-based aircraft designs with no kills to their credit.

We will have to start another post on the American Crescent-shaped and Boomerang airframes that perform amazing manuevers at incredible speeds. Placed in service back in the 1990's, the Department of Defense still won't allow these planes to fly in the day time.

If one of these planes were to perform a fly-by at an airshow today, the public would be "startled" - to quote one retired Air Force M.P. who guarded these aircraft hangars.

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: October 10, 2006 (8:55 PM)
Sukhoy:

I agree.

Overall the Raptor is the current Sky-King in the fighter arena.

Why would one bring up the 30MKI, when the Mig-29 is the counterpart of the F-16/18 (varient not withstanding.)

You could conjer up the Su-27. To counter though. The 27 a.k.a "Flanker" is a larger bird. In terms of MTOW the "Flanker" and it's varients are the 2nd largest fighter aircraft made. Behind the MiG-31 "Foxhound" alone, and that is a fighter/interceptor by design.

The Raptor is a whole new breed of cat.

Whereas; The 30MKI is a mod'd 2 seat Su-27UB.

As far as the MiG-29 vs F-16/18's?
Both sides have compelling arguemnts.

Foxhound:

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: October 11, 2006 (3:58 AM)
MiG-29 vs. F-18, close air combat, MiG win. In BVR, it depends the avionics, but I'm going to think MiG-29 again would win.

Posted by
Vipers_Rule (2)
Edit
Posted: June 3, 2007 (1:36 AM)
I hear no discussion about the pilots of these aircraft. It isn't the aircraft that wins or loses. Its the pilots.
Reply to this threadRSS Feed...Previous   1 | 2 | 3 | 4   Next...

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024