Aviation Books
Videos
Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

A potental "Dark Horse" in world affairs.
Monday, March 20, 2006 (11:55 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
A potental "Dark Horse" in world affairs.
Even though its people tend to be very secretive, quite, and elusive. When asked questions, telling you only what they want you to know, and leaving you to believe you have tricked them into revealing some insite.

The eyes of the world were upon them during one of their elections, when thousands, if not millions, took to the streets to protest questionable results.

They were not spurned on by a "higher power" i.e. a "god," a puppet figure, or some other symbolic BS.

Nor did they back down when threated by a large group of "tin wearing jackboot thugs" like the vast majority of tough talking people do. And based upon that act and many in their long and relitivly unknown history, are a people I do not feel it wise to toy with.

Their land has a great deal of mineral(except natural gas) and agracultural wealth. In some aspects surpassing the west and rivaling Russia.

It has very low national debt (if any), and all countries who used "offical" reports to claim this nation owed them, have all been discredited. Their economy is also growing, and it is based on real growth, not other nations "jesus economics" fractured projections.

Furthermore; with some consumption adjustment they could become isolationist and sustain growth using only internal resources.

This nation does have the potental to become a major player, yet seems to prefer a "We don't get involved with you, don't bother us" stance.

Now with the clues I have given, guess this countries name.

Foxhound: Good Luck.

Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
RE: A potental "Dark Horse" in world affairs.
Posted: March 24, 2006 (6:53 PM)
my answer its: Banana Republic

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: March 25, 2006 (9:04 AM)
Wow, that was informative.

Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
Posted: March 25, 2006 (5:37 PM)
okay- I've got one
name the man:
He is a man, no he is an eagle.
He soars above the skies yet swims like the whale
He walks among us, robbing banks and stores.
He doesn't use the money, he just burns it instead. He owns 4 cars, as well as 6 credit cards. Who is he?

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: March 25, 2006 (6:31 PM)
I would think that the "standing up" part would not be indicative of a "Banana Republic." As they are repressive, do not generally have elections, and if protest successful that title is no longer valid.

For a short time anyway, in many cases only the names change.

For your question.

As not all robbery is Strongarm, Armed, or "Shoplift." The most fitting solution is Management/CEO, or Public Servent (both taken in the western sense.)

Some of it may apply to Dictators/Commisars. Yet, I don't think many of them use, or need credit cards.

Unless you have a racist outlook, and are pointing a jilted finger toward celebrities of color. If that is the case, sad. If not, forget it. I was covering the bases.

Foxhound: Cheerio.

Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
Posted: March 25, 2006 (6:51 PM)
Actually Banana Republic seems to fit the description.
It is a very complicated society, from the management level down to the working class people. It has a very prosperous economy. It is well know but refuses to take itself to a higher level like GUCCI. It prefers to remain in the grasp of an average Joe. It is not inspired by a greater being but rather realpolitik. When the president wanted to sell the company, thousands, if not millions took to the stores to complain.

For guessing the man, I'll give you more hints:
He controls the world with an iron fist, not one dares to rise up against him.
His word is the law.
Who obeys him is his friend, who denies him is his enemy.
He doesn't hesitate to make tough decisions.
Unlike what everyone thinks, he is very poor, his wealth is less than 60,000 USD.
He has 4 houses, yet not a single computer. He doesn't like politics but is an active participator in Green Peace.
He is a legend among the people. A despiceful figure among politicians.
HE is the hero of the Somalian Conflict, who is he?

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: March 25, 2006 (7:18 PM)
"Banana Republic" is not a specific name.

Accurate asseration, If you think so.

And your man in question, seems to be based on your view point, and what some info accurate or not.

Could based on your politics be: Clinton, Putin, ect,ect.
Or even the leader of the country in question.

Foxhound.

Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
Posted: March 25, 2006 (7:44 PM)
It's a joke: Banana REpublic is a high-end clothing company. I'm just saying it to show that there is no such country. Same goes for "my man" there is no such thing. As you yourself have stated, your opinions don't make facts.

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: March 26, 2006 (9:08 AM)
The term "Banana Republic" is also used to describe a country under a strong-arm dictator where 1% of the peeps control 99% of the bling.

a term applied to the USA, wrongly I may add. We have some problems, but, we are far better off then most others.

The closest to the one you indicate. Would be a current leader of a oil endowed South American country. Who claims to be "Americas Nightmare." Last name begins with a C, country begins with a V. He is a current icon of the far left(no account for taste.) I only wish I could bet on his legacy with these persons. I would be wealthy enough to become King of a small tropical island.

The country I speak of.

The current leader is respected by both right and left outside his land. Only the eastern part of said nation, and Putin (strong leader, but, 1st class jerk) seem to have problems with him.

Nixon stated the importance of this nation and it's independence shortly after their latest break away.

The person before a poisoning incident was though of as being handsome, as people from that country, are in general considered comely.

Foxhound: out.

Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024