Sunday, June 22, 2003 (9:23 PM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed...Previous   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Posted by
lynx66 (2)
Edit
RE: Russian Stealth Aircraft? Anyone?
Posted: March 8, 2008 (11:21 AM)
Aprl. 7 - 1996
Last week (April 1st, aka April Fool's or Den' Duraka) ANTK Tupolev revealed their latest strategic bomber designated Tu-180. Although Tu-180 was in service with Dal'naya Aviatsia for almost five years, it remained the Russia's best kept secret until now. The aircraft was developed alongside of Tu-160 bomber and it was designed to complement the supersonic Blackjack which was to become the backbone of the Russia's strategic command. Unlike Tu-160 it incorporates considerable amount of stealth (nevidimka in Russian) and it is believed that Tu-180 RCS is about 1/20 of Tu-160. New Tupolev bomber is a first true stealth design known to be in service outside of the United States.

To achieve this low RCS Tupolev chose a flying wing layout used at Northrop B-2. Tu-180 is considerably larger than B-2 with a greater wingspan (82.3 m) and length (30.4 m). According to V. T. Klimov (director general of Tupolev ANTK) new stealth has a degree of commonalty with its stablemates (for example it uses landing gear similar to that of Tu-160). Undoubtedly one can see a family resemblance including Tupolev's long main gear struts allowing unobstructed access to the bomb bays and a windshield similar to both Tu-22M3 and Tu-160. Tupolev claims that first flight was made on March 14, 1985, therefore, beating Northrop B-2 by four years (July 17, 1989).

Surprisingly, the breakup of the Soviet Union and defense cuts did not cause a noticeable slowdown of Tu-180 production which remains at the level of 5 aircraft per year at Kazan APO. The complexity of variable swept wing Mach 2.2 Tu-160 and political changes (only five aircraft are in service with Russian Strategic Command while Ukraine kept nineteen) forced to reevaluate the original plans of Tu-160/Tu-180 deployment. The Tu-180 is becoming a backbone of the Dal'naya Aviatsia with more than a dozen in service with 1096 TBAP (strategic bomber regiment) at Engels. Tu-180 is capable of carrying a wide variety of payloads, including nuclear weapons.

Posted by
aussietiger (5)
Edit
Posted: March 9, 2008 (3:02 AM)
gents, some more info for you.
Russian A/c company and design bureau Sukhoi are developing with India, the T-50, it is known by a few names, but is probably the first TRUE stealth design to be developed by russia or india for that matter.
Features a design and layout broardly comparable to Lockheed Martin F 22 Raptor, but its internal specs and application are not fully revealled. Expect to to some kind of T/v technology taken from MiG 29OVT and Sukhoi SU37. I would expect some fifthor sixth gen AAM and a radar or JDAM equivilant air to surface munition on this AC
and internal cannon perhaps like the one fitted to the MiG 1.42 with atleast 5-800 rnds of ammo
Roumers also abound that Kamov has another helicopter in its midsts

Posted by
aussietiger (5)
Edit
Posted: March 9, 2008 (3:13 AM)
Lynx66 posted a message recently about an aircraft called the TU 180. A supposid flying wing design that was flown apparently before the B2 Spirit and apparently is stealth too.
I would like to say to everyone, do not be fooled by this article,
I checked it myself and the posting made by LYNX66 is a direct cut and paste from an article that talks of how the TU 180 was an april fools joke.
Here for your confirmation on that is a little exert from the same article.

"The Tu-180 you ask about first "appeared" in an article posted on a private website in 1996. A single grainy, distant image of this supposedly new plane made it look like a flying wing design similar to the American B-2 Spirit. Since the plane was given the name "Nevidimka," which means stealth in Russian, it was assumed that the Tu-180 must also be a stealth bomber. The photo was accompanied by a full article discussing the origins of the project and its unveiling to the world by manufacturer Tupolev. Unfortunately for aviation buffs and fans of Russian aircraft, the Tu-180 turned out to be nothing more than an April Fool's Day joke.

Although there are a number of discrepancies in this photo, such as the apparent lack of any form of inlets required for a jet engine propulsion system, the picture created quite a sensation when it was first published. Even a few mainstream sources fell victim to the hoax, and there are a number of people who still believe in the Tu-180 even today."

Please get your information right!
There are some ppl who write on these things for serious discussion, not to be mislead by keyboard mashing halfwits such as yourself.

Posted by
lynx666 (1)
Edit
Posted: March 13, 2008 (4:58 PM)
Russian military planes flew undetected through the U.S. zone of the Arctic Ocean to Canada during recent military exercises, a senior Air Force commander said Saturday. The commander of the country's long-range strategic bombers, Lieutenant General Igor Khvorov, said the U.S. Air Force is now investigating why its military was unable to detect the Russian bombers.
Khorov said that during the military exercises in April, Tu-160 Blackjack bombers and Tu-95 Bears had successfully carried out four missile launches. Bombing exercises were held using Tu-22 Blinders.
By the end of the year, two more Tu-160s will be commissioned for the long-range strategic bomber fleet, Khorov said.
Both new planes will incorporate numerous upgrades from the initial Soviet models, the commander said. The bombers will be able to launch both cruise missiles and aviation bombs, and communicate via satellite.
Interactions between various types of electromagnetic radiation and plasma fields were studied for many years in Russia, the United States and around the world.
The system developed by the Russians is based on electromagnetic wave-plasma interactions, but in a very different way. Russian stealth plasma device creates a plasma field around an aircraft. This field partially consumes electromagnetic energy of a hostile radar or causes it to bend around the aircraft, reducing the aircraft RCS by up to 100 times.
It is not known whether the plasma stealth system developed by the Russians employs a plasma laser or some other method for creating a plasma field.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: April 3, 2008 (4:21 AM)
I know russians tested plasma shield on MiG-21 vs MiG-31. Theoretycally RCS are lower down to 100 times but on test only by 5 times.

Posted by
mattnoell (1)
Edit
Posted: August 31, 2008 (3:52 PM)
Yes the Russians' have more advanced technology than we do.lol Someone from our government "discovered" a paper from a Russian student with the formula for radar reflection many years ago.The difference between the F117 and the F22 was only limited by computer technology. It had to do with how many facets could be analyzed. Actually I am going to be honest with you, we have technology so advanced you can't even imagine. I am going to so bold as to leave my personal email. I am only this emblazoned because I am working on something very exciting.

Sincerely,
to all you people watching,
Matthew David Noell .

GO SARAH

Posted by
Classified (1)
Edit
Posted: November 3, 2008 (1:04 AM)
Dude Every Country Has Secret Technology That No One Knows About

Like That German Submarine That Was Sinking US Subs Like Target Practice But The Bermuda Triangle Got In The Way And The German Sub Sank

Germany Told The US If They Touch That Sub, Their "Will Be War"

So US Hasn't Touched That Sub Ever Since

Posted by
AESE (1)
Edit
Posted: December 12, 2008 (10:07 AM)
Are you saying that F22 does not have air combat superiority over other fighter aircrafts? I'm asking this because you're mentioning American stealth as a whole and it includes the Raptor. Yes it's stealth but beyong that it's undeniable that it is more superior than the old F15's air maneuverability, a total successor to decades of F15's legend in air supremacy, plus the new technology that was added which is the stealth technology. "It's not just stealth!". It's an air superiority fighter!

Posted by
logic (1)
Edit
Posted: March 18, 2009 (7:14 PM)
its not about what is better that what. The US economey will be able to pump out more jets than Russia will every be able to. thats what happened during the Cold war. like someone else said, the entire us armed forces budget it over 400 billion. with 117 billion given to the USAF. even with out the USAF, the USMC, Army, and Navy would be up russia, or anyones ass before they could squirt out a Cleavland steamer in their home town. war isnt gunna happen, unless ONE person gets too much power and gets his friend to turn the key at the same time. then were all screwed.

and btw, just because we maybe an americn, doesnt mean we werent russian. so lay off the yankee crap

Posted by
Historybuff (3)
Edit
Posted: April 10, 2009 (7:45 PM)
I'd like some info on this too seeing as how I'm doing a story that involves how the Serbian 250th Missile Defense Brigade shot down that F-117. I remember how the news said they were shipping the remains off to Russia for study, Russia not having the technology at the time. It would be cool to know if the remains ever got there, and if, in fact, they resulted in a Russian Stealth program.

I've found some info on PAK TA's, Sukhoi's T-50 stealth fighter, an answer to the F-22 (almost looks identical, but no thrust vectoring).
According to Wiki, its still in development, which means it may or may not have had anything to do with the incident.

Reply to this threadRSS Feed...Previous   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024