Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Russian answer to Aurora
Sunday, September 26, 2004 (9:08 PM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
WenASe (68)
Edit
Russian answer to Aurora
Can I get some websites for the latest news of U.S Aurora? Did it really fly over Russia territory? Russian answer to this Spy-Plane is vital.

Posted by
whocares (25)
Edit
RE: Russian answer to Aurora
Posted: October 19, 2004 (00:09 AM)
By the way there is a Pravda Article explaining the threat posed by these new air/space craft to any nation that might find itself in a future war with the U.S. Im sorry for not beeing able to provide it but whocares uhh? By the way it also said that there is no Russian counterpart, nor is there one from any other nation for that matter. It seems that no other country in the world can afford anything like this.

Posted by
anticommi (33)
Edit
Posted: October 19, 2004 (5:11 AM)
Now let's see. I am just applying general logic here. Tell me if I am wrong.

How's Aurora aircraft will be functioning?
I'd assume super high speed will be an asset. What else? Ohh, stealth! Right.
And the navigation system?
- Radar (no, too risky to blow the stealth cover).
- Inertial navigation - that'll work but not too accurate.
- GPS - not very dependable against Russia so scrap that.

What else is there? Visual map reading and comparing - not too dependable and relies on a VFR.

So, Russia (or any other Country) really does not have any counter technology against no technology so far.

Posted by
whocares (25)
Edit
Posted: October 19, 2004 (8:22 PM)
How exactly is anyone supposed to know how the thing works. That is the true mystery here and it would remain so for some time. I can say that we used preprogrammed flight plans in some drones and maybee thats in play here. Another interesting note is that the Aurrora may be replaced by the Hyper Soar, which is a an aircraft/spacecraft which skips along the surface of the atmosphere. But there is still no way to know what is on any of these craft. All anyone knows is that they use scram jets, fly very fast, and very very high. We should be able to find out how they work 20 yrs from now.

Posted by
anticommi (33)
Edit
Posted: October 20, 2004 (9:58 AM)
What is pre-programmed flight? Usually drone follows pattern and verifies its position somehow. How? - many ways and some of them are inertial navigation, GPS, radar, video referencing. Only inertial navigation doesn't produce any signal and video referencing could be very silent too.
So, there is no mystery there so far, unless we want it to be.

Posted by
whocares (25)
Edit
Posted: October 20, 2004 (11:18 PM)
If you really wanted to know Im sure you could find something on past drones such as the D-21, but as I said earlier there really is no way to know for sure what is on these craft. I couldnt even get designers of the A-12(SR-71) to tell me anything about what they did almost 60 yrs ago. http://www.military.com/Content/MoreContent This is a cool address that will give you some Idea of what Im talking about. Whatever those designers put in those vehicles to guide them, you wont know for sure for some time. Ill bet they just worked out something new. Why would they tell anybody how it works, so just any dipshit nation like China or North Korea could counter it?
Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024