Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Compare Su-30MKI and F-16C and F/A-18E/F
Saturday, August 12, 2006 (2:51 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3 | 4   Next...
Posted by
cochinboy (3)
Edit
Compare Su-30MKI and F-16C and F/A-18E/F
The Su-30MKI�s structural and aerodynamic configuration incorporates the latest research and technological achievements. It is a triplane (a combination of conventional design with foreplanes) with a lifting fuselage and developed wingroot extensions. The interaction of the foreplanes and wingroot extensions creates a controlled vortex effect similar to that of the adaptive wing.

The F-16 and F-18 designs were developed in the early and mid-1970s. In terms of maximum aerodynamic efficiency, the Su-30MKI, like all Su-27-family aircraft, is unparalleled in the world and outperforms the above foreign counterparts by at least 50 to 100 percent. This is why the latest modernization programs, which gave birth to the F-16C Block 60 and F-18E/F versions, involved the increase of wing span, fuselage length and control surface areas and significantly changed the structural configuration and general layout of their basic versions.

Engines with thrust-vectoring nozzles enable the Su-30MKI to perform such maneuvers as �cobra� vertical reverse, roll in �bell� turn in �cobra� etc. In these maneuvers, an angle of attack can reach 180o. These are not purely aerobatic maneuvers: this supermaneuverability can be effectively used in combat. As for the F-16 and F-18 aircraft, their maximum angles of attack are 30o and 40o, respectively, and they cannot use armament at supercritical angles of attack.
In terms of conventional maneuverability characteristics, all these fighters are very similar. However, according to preliminary assessments, the Su-30MKI�s supermaneuverability gives it a 30-percent superiority over its competitors in close air combat.

Notably, in terms of quantity and types of weapons, the su 30MKI considerably outclasses the F-16C Block 50 and F-16C Block 60 aircraft. Only the F-18E/F is close to the Su-30MKI in this respect.

Aircraft combat capabilities are usually assessed using complex efficiency indicators defining aircraft overall performance. According to preliminary estimates, in long-range air combat, the Su-30MKI outperforms the F-16C Block 60, F-16C Block 50 and F-18E/F aircraft by 15, 20 and 12-15 percent, respectively, owing to its radar�s greater detection range, higher jamming immunity and multichannel capability, as well as better maneuverability.

ANY ONE TO DEFEND MY INDIAN. Su-30MKI

Posted by
Rowdy (105)
Edit
RE: Compare Su-30MKI and F-16C and F/A-18E/F
Posted: August 12, 2006 (9:42 AM)
My vote goes to Su-30MKI, it is a 4.5 generation fighter, but its my advice for Sukhoi's fans to be watchful for F-22

Posted by
JuniorKilat (26)
Edit
Posted: August 12, 2006 (9:49 AM)
"According to preliminary estimates, in long-range air combat, the Su-30MKI outperforms the F-16C Block 60, F-16C Block 50 and F-18E/F aircraft by 15, 20 and 12-15 percent, respectively, owing to its radar�s greater detection range, higher jamming immunity and multichannel capability, as well as better maneuverability".

--- Are you sure that the Su-30MKI outperforms those new F-16 versions by the percentage amount you have said? Are there any combat happened between those fighters?

Posted by
JuniorKilat (26)
Edit
Posted: August 12, 2006 (9:52 AM)
My friend COCHINBOY, those Sukhoys were the latest generation of the russian airforce and it is unfair to compare those to the F-16s and F-18s. How about if we are going to compare those Su-30MKIs of yours to the latest frontliners of the USAF - The "F-22 Raptors"

Posted by
JuniorKilat (26)
Edit
Posted: August 12, 2006 (9:56 AM)
We'll just have to wait for the mass production and the commission of the F-35 for us to have a fair comparison between the Russians latest to the USAF's latest.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: August 12, 2006 (2:39 PM)
I read some articles were Australia explain the difference be2een Su-30MK and F-18 and F-35. Su-30MK are far more better than F-18. Australia believe F-35 will be not a threat to Su family.

Posted by
JuniorKilat (26)
Edit
Posted: August 12, 2006 (5:47 PM)
I see. So you think the JSF f_35 is not a threat to the Su-30s. How about the F-22 Raptors?

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: August 13, 2006 (3:41 AM)
I'm going to agree with Ivanov: F-22 is better than Su but have no decisive advantage. Maybe Ivanov exagerated a little bit, but overall F-22 is the best right now. I wait the newer Su. . PAKFA - 2007.

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: August 16, 2006 (00:50 AM)
As far as manuverability:

The Flanker family, as well as the new MiG-29/35, have it in spades.

As far as BVR and CAP: Raptor, no question.

Scramble and Intercept: Would be the Flankers. Higher top speed(w or w/o full weapon and fuel load) greater weapon and fuel capacity. Supercruise would be a CAP advantage, but in this situation, of little or no benefit.

Since a fighter spends a far greater % of its operation in CAP, BVR.

That would make the Raptor an overall winner.

Case in point. The MKI is not used by the VVS.

Nor is the series the most advanced Russian figher aircraft.

Those would be the Su-37, Su-47/S-37, and the MiG 1.44 MFI.

Foxhound:

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: August 16, 2006 (12:33 PM)
Not to be forgotten MiG-31BM!

I think in some aspects are better than any other fighter (speed, radar range, missile range).

PAKFA will have another name. S-37 (I think is more correctly than Su-47, MiG 1.44 are only prototypes).

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: August 16, 2006 (12:35 PM)
I2000 I saw another name. Exactly I don't know the future name, do you?
Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3 | 4   Next...

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024